Thursday 22 January 2015

A move to a different genre

Writing this week moved to a different genre for me. I wrote a short story for a competition which was of the erotic nature.  Ooo la la 
It had to be less than 1000 words which I found very hard. I had reached 790 words before a hint of rumpy pumpy!! I had to rewrite 3 times and did 6 heavy edits. I took the advice of the great Milly Johnson and kept the chunks of writing that I didn't use. One lot can apply to another story - not necessarily erotic - so nothing is wasted.
I found it challenging to invent the meeting between the characters and the ending in such a small amount of words, but I managed it within 999 
I will find a way to share my story in the near future. I cannot put it on here as I have young followers.
I'm glad I wrote it, but I can't see me being an author of erotic fiction as my main genre. I like the romance and comedy in the "chicklit" genre too much, but I may have a few more erotic stories lurking in my brain somewhere.

So my story has been emailed off for someone else to read. Scary stuff, but all in all a good practice exercise to gain experience from.


No comments:

Post a Comment