Tuesday 19 January 2016

Hello 2016!


A big "Hello" to 2016



Well it's been a busy year so far as writing goes. The best news I had on the 2nd January was that I had been accepted onto the New Writers Scheme (NWS) with the Romantic Novelists Association (RNA). They only accept 250 applicants every year and you have to be poised over your email send button at 12pm on the 2nd January to hope that your request for a place is top of the pile. Luckily mine was and I am now busy working on my novel to get it sent off to the RNA to be critiqued by experienced writers. 
I have already had many other writers contact me through social media who are on the NWS and members of the RNA . This is really encouraging as it opens up a whole new wealth of experience that I can call on when I'm having a "bad writing day!"

I have now finished 2 terms at my local Adult Education Centre where I took part in Creative Writing classes. My tutor Jackie was fantastic and again I met some lovely people. The classes really helped me expand my writing and I would love to do another. The new term has started, but I must get on with my book so I opted not to return. I also completed a Writing Fiction course with the Open University, which was very interesting. It explored areas of writing that I probably hadn't thought of exploring and made me think of different aspects to include in my novel.

I have been lucky enough to have support from many friends that I have met through writing and was recently interviewed on author Heidi Swain's blog. Click here

So it is onwards and upwards for me hopefully this year.


Just a note to say how sad the news about David Bowie, Alan Rickman and now Glenn Frey has been. I can't believe that in such a short space of time we have lost these talented artists. First and foremost my heart goes out to their wives, children and families who have lost their special someone. Then I am sad that we will never again see any new material by these people. I guess I need to just make a playlist of Bowie & Frey hits whilst watching Rickman films.




No comments:

Post a Comment